Human Settlements Officer at UN Habitat
- MA in Environment, Development and Policy, University of Sussex, UK, Dipl-VW (Masters in Economics), Göttingen, Germany
Climate Change in an Urban Context:
- 2008-2012 Member of Cities and Climate Change core team in UN-Habitat (HQ): Focal Point for Capacity Development including local government training and tool development. Development of University Syllabus on Cities and Climate Change. Focal Point for Cities and Climate Change Initiative in Asia and the Pacific.
- 2013-present: Focal point for Climate Change at UN-Habitat’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific. Oversight of Cities and Climate Change Initiative in Asia/Pacific. Mainstreaming of Climate Change into UN-Habitat’s country programmes in the region (city—level resilience and low emission development strategies, integration of climate change into urban policies and urban and local government dimension in national climate change policies).
Urban Planning and Design:
- Rolling out of UN-Habitat’s flagship programme “Achieving Sustainable Urban Development” in the Philippines with emphasis on Planned City Extensions for urban growth. Climate Change for urban planners (tool development and roll out). Urban Planning for city leaders training.
Housing and Slum Upgrading:
- Slum Upgrading in five Pacific Island Countries and Mongolia.
- Previous experience include: local governance, gender, labour rights / human rights, transparency / anti-corruption, HIV-AIDS